We are seeking Board Members for an exciting new community driven multidisciplinary arts centre in Torquay, known as The MAC which will encompass a continuously operating theatre, gallery and artists’ shop, as well as targeted public programs, and professional development.
Skills and experience of the Board
As a whole, Board Members will have:
- A passion for the Arts and a belief in the need to raise the profile of Arts and Artists in the local community for a range of reasons.
- A depth of skills and experience with acting on Committees of Management and Boards including in an Executive capacity for an organisation registered under Consumer Affairs Victoria.
- Experience in business and financial management (and preferably accounting, grant-writing and fundraising) with small-medium sized or larger enterprises.
- Experience in risk management and potentially workplace health and safety legislation.
- Experience with marketing and promotional strategies and plans and their implementation.
- Experience with community and government liaison practices, specifically in relation to government at all levels, local arts communities, fundraising agencies and survey design.
- Knowledge and experience of legal aspects of community organisations including not-for-profits, governance, strategic planning and budgeting.
- Willingness and ability to take on executive and functional roles and tasks to “get the job done”.
- Knowledge of aspects of training and education delivery and potential training funding sources
Further information about the extent of the Portfolios is available from The MAC Secretary upon request. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send your application with your resume and a brief statement of capability to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is X November 2020.
We look forward to hearing back from you.
Send download link to: