The old Surf Coast Shire Sport and Recreation Centre is an empty shell – but not for long!
The plan is to make the building into a thriving hub of activity for local Performing and Visual Arts, Artists, audiences and visitors
In early 2021, we expect there to be :
- A 200 square metre gallery for local artists (2D, 3D, digital) to display and sell their work.
- A retail space for artists’ work
- A theatre space (with various lights and staging options) for performance, rehearsal, music practice, readings, presentations, courses, play-readings, literary events…
- A meeting room for smaller-scale events, courses, training programs, classes, sharing, displays, workshops
- Foyer / entrance
- Artists’ ‘hub’ where people can meet, chat about things arts-related or simply hang out with other artists.
And there’s more to come in 2021 as people get involved and we raise money to improve the spaces.